Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow and Sketching

There is a snowstorm today in Ann Arbor. Much coffee and hot chocolate will be consumed. Phil and I have recently bought a new type of paint so there is some excitement in our little studio. The snow is a good combination with new paint because it feels like hunker-down-and-make-art weather.

So, in honor of the weather and the new paint, here is a quick post of a page right out of my sketchbook. Phil and I are knocking around a new idea for me. The page below is the most preliminary result of this new idea. More later!



2 comments:

  1. it's a fancypants gouache. now that might not sound that thrilling or newfangled but the only gouache i've had in the past to play around with was really really poor quality. And I'm a paint snob. Or used to be back when I painted with oils and thought I was serious.

    ReplyDelete