Friday, May 13, 2011

Deadlines! Well, really just one.


Hello, again.

I think I can finally say with confidence that it is spring in Ann Arbor. I do resent that I had to wait until the middle of May to type that, but at least it's finally here. To celebrate, Phil and I recently went to the Matthaei Botanical Gardens.

I have been chained to my desk this month and the gardens was my release for an hour or so. I have been traveling, falling quite ill, and traveling some more. I am behind. So I'm working very hard on a book right now that is due very soon. Very soon.

Unfortunately, this means we'll have to catch up on all that traveling some other time. All I can say is that everyone should win an award from librarians. It means you get to meet the nicest people and they don't even mind if you're shy.

Tomorrow, though, Phil and I will be at The Next Chapter Bookstore & Bistro in Northville, Michigan at 2pm for a signing and maybe a little question and answer session. Come by if you can! It will be a rainy afternoon! What better place could you possibly be in besides a bookstore?

After the signing, I will be going back to work. For now, though, let's look at some more spring from the Botanical Gardens.


8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your deadline! I've recently discovered your work and as a struggling artist/would-be-illustrator you are my current personal hero. Thank you for your honesty about the hard work involved in creative pursuits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image at the opening of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin. I'm a fellow author/illustrator and I was at the Caldecott Awards the other night where you gave your acceptance speech and I just wanted to congratulate you on your award. I was hoping to introduce myself at the receiving, but I, unfortunately, had to duck out meet someone afterwards. Just wanted to say you had a beautiful speech and I would be lying if I didn't say I kinda welled up with the tears. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin! Believe Dan - he was crying like a big baby. Okay, I'm only trying to deflect my own blubbering - but Dan is amaaaaazing (hi Dan) and we were out celebrating Jenni's honor until about 6am and today I am finally back to as close as normal as I ever get.

    ANYWAY...Erin, contact me so we can get you on my podcast! Also, you are mentioned in next week's, and I don't have your email so I can't send you the info. It was a thrill to meet you and learn you are a listener - I LOVE your art, and I LOVED your speech. Please email me - you know my site, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin - Miss your updates! Any chance that you would share your speech with those not fortunate enough to enjoy your charming eloquence?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Erin. I'm a writer named Mac Barnett, and I'd I have an email I'd like to send you, but I don't know where to send it, so I'm wondering whether you'd email me. My address is mac@macbarnett.com. I promise this email is not an annoying email.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I work at a book store in Houston and just picked up A sick day for Amos McGee. I love your work! It's new inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the article very helpful one and yet knowledgeable too. We are cash for old cars company with car removal hand to hand services which are more popular among Australia and top offers are unbeatable among us than any others

    ReplyDelete