Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Two thieves, married.


Once Philip and I have a few books out, I think it might be interesting to find examples where we steal from each other. We live in the upstairs apartment in this little pink house on the left. In this little pink house there is a little tiny room when Phil and I sit at our drawing tables (unless I am avoiding that room, which happens...often). It's inevitable that some ideas get passed from one person to another. Some of the time we do it on purpose and other times we don't even realize it until the one of us points it out. Often we help one another draw something that isn't quite working. Very often I ask Phil to hold something, or raise his eyebrows and make a goofy smile. Poor Philip.

Anyway, as far as the stealing goes, here are some examples of what I mean. The first image is the cover of Phil's book Creamed Tuna Fish and Peas on Toast (coming out Oct. 1st!).


Now see if you can spot how I unknowingly stole an idea from him (you'll probably have to click on the image). This is a picture from A Sick Day for Amos McGee, which will come out eventually.



Find it? Here it is.


That's just one example of what is probably many. Thanks for reading! 'Til next time!

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment