Sunday, January 2, 2011

Steadbery Announcement!

At the close of 2010, Philip and I try to pick our favorite books (in very limited categories) for the year. The discussion is ongoing throughout the year. We try, and miserably fail, to read as many new books as we can (while still leaving room for the ones we missed in previous years...or decades). It's not a perfect process. But it keeps us healthily intimidated and inspired. The categories for now are limited to novels and picture books.

I love graphic novels, especially for kids (my friend George, Aaron Renier, and Andy Runton are some major frontrunners). But this year especially, Phil and I don't feel like we kept ourselves educated and up to date enough to pick favorites. So apologies, graphic novels. Your lack of presence here is not proof of any lack of love or admiration for your work. It's a lack of our own smarts.

And so, without further ad0, Phil has posted the Steadbery favorites on his blog. You can see the results here. The Phildecotts will be posted very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Erin! I absolutely cannot believe you even know who I am. My mom and I first discovered Amos McGee in a library I was visiting and we fell in love with him and all of his animal friends. It's absolutely delightful in every way! There is so much caring and love in your drawings an Philip's story that it's become one of our favorite books of all time. All of the little details and expressions brighten my days.
    Owly's a huge fan as well because he's also a little afraid of the dark. ^,^

    I wish you both all the best and I can't wait to see more of your amazing work. Take care!
    -Andy :)

    ReplyDelete